Sunday, October 23, 2005

Entry #1

Saturday October 22, 2005

I left P.E. Trudeau Airport in Montreal for San Miguel de Allende, Mexico mid morning on October 22, 2005. The flight to Leon, was via Chicago and Monterrey, Mexico. All flights left on time and the final connection arrived at El Bajio Airport in Leon on schedule. Despite many warnings that thefts from checked luggage going through US airport TSA checks were common, my bags were intact.
A taxi dcriven by Jesus, reserved from viajessanmiguel.com, was waiting for me.

The drive to San Miguel took 90 minutes and I was ringing the doorbell of my hosts Jim and Therese H. just before 10pm . The welcomed me into their home, offered me tea and food and after some very pleasant conversation they showed me to the studio apartment I had rented.

No comments: